The following is an index of the material presented in this series:
To compile the code in these tutorials under Visual C++ Version 2.x, take the following steps:
- Start Visual C++. Close all files and projects if any are open.
- Choose the New option in the File menu. Create a new Project.
- In the Project Type combo box choose Console Application. Type in the name of the project and create a new directory if you like. Click the OK button to create the project.
- You will see a "Project Files" dialog. Close it.
- Select the New option in the Files menu again. This time create a new code/text file. Type the source code into this file. Save the file and make sure you give it a CPP extension.
- Select the Files option in the Project menu. Add the new code file to the project.
- Choose the Build option in the Project menu, and then Execute